Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, Book 2)

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, books number one and number two of the Hunger Games Trilogy, are my favorite books of 2009. I was lucky enough to get a pre-release of the Hunger Game on Goodreads but not lucky enough to have the time to read it until now. Filled with moving characters and a fast paced exciting story, The Hunger Games deftly draws you into the chilling world of Katniss Everdeen and doesn't let go. The first book introduces us to the warped society that spawns the yearly Hunger Games. We meet Katniss and love her intelligence, wit, strength and willfulness. We meet Peeta and Glen, and feel torn between such fine young men. We adore Prim and Rue and agonize through the games as people die. Catching Fire begins where The Hunger Games ends and then explodes into a frenetic fascinating and unstoppable read that I LOVED even more than the first; staying up all night to finish. I can't wait for the next one. Do not hesitate to read these books!